1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support not able to uninstall malwares from my phone :(

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by nick pic, Apr 14, 2016.

1. nick pic

nick pic Lurker
    None

Apr 14, 2016
    Some malware from unknown sources was installed on my phone by my siblings :( . i have disabled them but i am unable to remove them
    [​IMG]

I read about deactivating the administrator access but i can't find this app there
    [​IMG]

i also tried using malwarebyte .. it detected the malware but could not delete it .

Please help me with this

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Hmm, Cool Browser previously just needed "device administrators" unticked. Though if they installed it from some random site who knows what is in the package.

If you can find the package name ("com.whatever.whatever", not just "Cool Browser") then you could try using "adb uninstall" to get rid of it. I mention this because you seem to have USB debugging enabled, so I assume you know something about adb.

Some malware can install itself as a system app (using the same tricks that "rooting apps" use to give you root access). If you were rooted you'd be able to remove it. Otherwise your only real way is to reinstall the system software - this will overwrite the current system, including any malware that's been added. How you do this depends on what phone you have. So at the minimum we'll need to know phone model, whether it's a carrier-branded phone (and if so, which carrier), what software version and possibly what country.