• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not all Contact sync after 2.1 Update

millermw13

Lurker
May 14, 2010
Hey all, just updated the Eris to v2.1. I'm having trouble syncing my Contacts. Here are the highlights

• Some contacts from Gmail successfully imported to the phone
  • Many still have not, including anyone who was a "favorite"
  • Some of the email address of my "favorites" have transferred over, but none of their phone numbers have
  • I let the sync go over night and the problem persisted
  • If i check it in setting, the sync will periodically say "there's a problem with the sync, check back shortly" but continue to attempt to sync
  • My battery drained today because the phone continued to try and sync unsuccessfully
Any tips on how to solve this problem? thanks!!

Interesting that you guys are having problems. I updated to 2.1 this morning, and in a matter of 10 minutes all of my contacts were synced up with google. I did notice one thing though. Their seems to be a new feature with 2.1 which LINKS contacts together. For example my parents, they were linked together into one place and in order to place each one of them seperately in my favorites box I had to un-link them. Maybe that will help? I would also check you contacts on google. I went and cleaned it all up before I updated this morning and it worked flawlessly. Good luck!

Reactions: LyndaM
Upvote 0
i'm glad you had luck fixing it in google contacts... i also went through and cleaned up my contacts but i didn't have any luck with the snyc still

honestly i just got fed up and reset to factory defaults ... after that all of my contacts uploaded in snyc fine in under 10 minutes

frustrating, but at least it works well now ... thanks for the reply MZPilot and good luck Antho

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones