1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

not all droids created equal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ttype86, Feb 13, 2010.

1. ttype86

ttype86 Newbie
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    ok. i purchased my moto droid about 3 weeks ago. i took my first one back because the keyboard got all screwed up and caught when closing it and would not SNUG down. it was pretty bad. got a new one on the spot. then i started experiencing major issues with the 2nd one. 3g going out constantly EVERYWHERE. browsing speed was horrid on 2nd droid. (exact same apps.on phone) i closed apps etc to make sure i wasnt just insane. even the speed of the phone itself was horrid compared to the first droid. and had other issues i wont go into. finally decided to go bak a 2nd time and exchange again hoping they wouldnt think i was a nutcase. the rep said yes this does not seem right when he went thru phone etc. got another new one. and i can now say wow. this is the difference of night and day. speed is alot better. no glitching out on me. im in the same EXACT locations as i was when i experienced the other problems. exact same apps also. this phone is now running as i expect it too. i dont get it. i can now say i love this phone. as far as hardware. time will tell as i did experience slider problems with the first droid. the rep that time even said "wow, mine doesnt do that, ill go get u a new one". now i am very happy so far and dont even care about the nexus one. i started looking into that phone when i had all these problems. but now i dont and i could care less about that phone now. i like the looks of the droid alot better than the nexus and the speed cant be TOO much better. this thing mo docks...(fast)

Advertisement

2. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Android Enthusiast
    None

Glad to hear that you finally got one that works. Too much complaining about the DROID, Im glad someone has something positive to say.

3. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    I wonder everyday if I have a lemon one? My headphone jack is the weirdest thing EVER!!. I keep thinking software though because after the update to 2.0.1 and after a factory reset I had to do it changes behavior completely after software changes! After reset I now get high pitched digital sounding beeps that hurt my ears! Also my 3g is weird but it doesn't completely go out. I love everything and would like to say I have the original day of release one!! lol crazy I know!. I am waiting to see if 2.1 will save the day if not then maybe it is time to exchange.

4. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 2, 2010
    Kansas, United States
    @potato, Yeah the headphone jack is probly a software bug... At least im hoping. If not, I demand a recall/exchange! :)

5. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    For sure because I use Pandora and listen to music all the time! :D

6. ttype86

ttype86 Newbie
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    i do not have ANY problems witb the headphone jack. (knock on wood). i use pandora all the time. the 3.5 mm jacks fits very snug too. i did notice a few tiny specks of dust under my screen but i am not gona worry about them. i cant tell they are there unless the screen is off. they are definitely UNDER the screen inside the phone. oh well.