• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not all Facebook contacts syncing

nj02vette

Android Expert
Jul 9, 2010
Marlton, NJ
So my wife's Droid2 has been haveing some intermittant screen freezing issues.

I did a factory reset to see if that will help the situation.

In the mean time, after adding the facebook account back to contacts, only some of her contacts are coming in. Not all, I know because I'm one of the contacts that isn't being imported. :mad:

She has like a bazillion facebook contacts, is there a limit to how many contacts can be imported? Why are some not being imported. Is there a way to manually sync the facebook contacts list?

Thanks.

Make sure that you don't have a contact in your Gmail contacts along with Facebook.

My problem were the pictures were different than what were on Facebook. What I had to do was click on each of the contacts I was having a problem with, scroll to the bottom and see if there are 2 links...on Facebook and the other Google.

If you Link them, the problem stays...if you unlink them, you now have 2-3-4 of the same contact. What I did was go to Gmail Contacts and delete that contact (write all the information down though), and it will disappear from your contacts list (the duplicate). Keep doing it until you're down to the one you want and enter all the information the other had....yeah its a pain in the ass...but it's the only way I could get it to work and stay working.

I really think it's a feature (bug) within the Facebook application not talking to the Facebook app to get the picture and use the information from within Gmail contacts.

Hope this helps...and yeah...272 contacts....1/2 of them took me about 2 hours. :(

Take care.
-S

Upvote 0
Make sure that you don't have a contact in your Gmail contacts along with Facebook.

My problem were the pictures were different than what were on Facebook. What I had to do was click on each of the contacts I was having a problem with, scroll to the bottom and see if there are 2 links...on Facebook and the other Google.

If you Link them, the problem stays...if you unlink them, you now have 2-3-4 of the same contact. What I did was go to Gmail Contacts and delete that contact (write all the information down though), and it will disappear from your contacts list (the duplicate). Keep doing it until you're down to the one you want and enter all the information the other had....yeah its a pain in the ass...but it's the only way I could get it to work and stay working.

I really think it's a feature (bug) within the Facebook application not talking to the Facebook app to get the picture and use the information from within Gmail contacts.

Hope this helps...and yeah...272 contacts....1/2 of them took me about 2 hours. :(

Take care.
-S
You're a lightweight, my wife has over 2000 contacts. :eek:
Why? I have no idea.

Myself, a grand total of 15.

I was able to get everything working by deleting the facebook account, removing the facebook app, rebooting the phone, then re-adding the facebook account under contacts, and finally installing the facebook app again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones