1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Not always getting text notification sounds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tim Tim Tim, May 29, 2011.

1. Tim Tim Tim

Tim Tim Tim Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    This is probably a stupid question but on my incredible, The phone seems to decide on its own when its going to notify me of a text or not. I have tried everything as far as leaving it in the text screen, go back to the home screen between texts etc. Nothing seems to make it give me a constant notification sound. I also didnt see any settings that seemed to make a difference here.. Any help?

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Tim, welcome to AF. I'm glad to see you have found the section of the forum specifically for your phone. I do not have an Incredible 2.. wish I did. I have the original Dinc. When my message app is open I will not receive a notification of a new text. Only when I'm outside of the app does the notification happen. I don't know if this is also true for your Inc2 but it's quite possible. Perhaps someone with first hand knowledge can chime in to confirm or dismiss this. In any event, I hope you solve your problem and I hope you enjoy the forum.

3. sixteen2nd

sixteen2nd Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    I just tested on my Dinc2 and it gives me the notification sound both when I leave the Messaging app (default, not 3rd-party) running or if I go back to my Home screen.