• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not an Android user yet

glhaider

Lurker
May 24, 2011
Hi! I joined this forum in anticipation of receiving the Flytouch 3 Superpad 2 tablet that I just ordered on Amazon. I originally was just going to get a Kindle because I'm traveling to Spain this summer, and I wanted to take a lot of reading material along for the trip but I didn't want to carry a lot of books. My 23-year-old daughter told me I was hopelessly behind the times, because readers were obsolete. She had a point; I decided it would be nice to be able to do more than just read. So, I decided to check out tablets that were in the same price range as the Kindle (needless to say, I don't have $800+ to blow on an iPad).

Even though I haven't gotten the tablet yet, I've been reading about it, and have learned that I may need to find firmware for it, download different apps from various sources, and it may tax my old brain because I'm not familiar with Android software. Yikes!:eek: I'm hoping this forum will help me be able to use my new toy to its fullest advantage.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones