1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Not as premium as it looks in videos?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by michaelqian88, Sep 4, 2015.

1. michaelqian88

michaelqian88 Newbie

I played with a Note 5 today and thought it felt rather lightweight and cheap ish?

Firstly it felt way too light, much lighter than it looks with the shiny metal and glass.

Secondly it felt more like plastic than glass, even though I know it's glass.

Last the S Pen looks and feels very cheap. I actually felt the previous S Pens were more solid.

Who else found this also?

Advertisement

2. alejovh1

alejovh1 Well-Known Member

I think the build its fantastic and far from feeling cheap.

ceva321 likes this.
  3. chretts

chretts Lurker

Couldn't disagree more. Top quality device fantastic build quality.

ceva321, Nomusa53 and treb1797 like this.
  4. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

Best built Samsung device to date IMO.

ceva321 likes this.
  5. thirstypirate

thirstypirate Well-Known Member

This is just ridiculous. The glass isn't glassy enough?

ceva321 and KnirpsLyn like this.
  6. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

"Premium feel" is such a made up marketing term. I can't believe so many people fall for it.

I wouldn't care if a phone was encased in cardboard. I care about the features and the and internal components.
    How it feels, lol.

7. bassjo

bassjo Newbie

I know everyone has an opinion but geez, this is an awesome device with probably the best build quality of any smartphone currently on the market. It surpasses anything put out by Apple or HTC of recent. As far as I'm concerned Samsung hit a home run!

ceva321 and Nomusa53 like this.
  8. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

9. KnirpsLyn

KnirpsLyn Lurker

Out of the 5 other phones I've owned/used extensively, this is the most weighty.

As for the rest of the exterior... It's in a case. lol
    I didn't buy it because it had a glass back and metal bumper.

It has a screen of high quality glass, the buttons are responsive, tight, and well-positioned, as are the ports, and the S-Pen is lightweight yet wide enough to feel like a substantial and relatable 'pen-like' peripheral.

What more could you ask of the exterior of a phone?

10. bubbameat

bubbameat Member

Feels and looks great to me. Love mine.

11. airmasta

airmasta Lurker

Too light? I find the Note 5 to be the heaviest phone I've ever had. It's most definitely heavier than my old S5 and my wife's iphone 6 plus. That being said, five days in I'm already use to the weight.

12. jmy7213

jmy7213 Lurker

This is such a silly thread. But it reminds me. Man I get so angry when I goto Burger King and the squished sandwich in the box doesn't look anything like the picture. Hahahahaha

I really don't understand what you mean by not glassy enough. Only way it could be glassy-er (lol, not a real word) is if the whole phone was see through. Now that would be badass.

Nomusa53, KnirpsLyn and thirstypirate like this.
  13. Lee33

Lee33 Newbie

Mine looks every bit as good as it did in the pre-release promo pics. I LOVE this thing!!!

Samsung Galaxy Note 5

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was released in August of 2015 and was the company's flagship phablet for the year. The device features a 5.66-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 16MP main camera.