1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Not charging.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kcabston, Sep 17, 2011.

1. kcabston

kcabston Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    I searched but didnt find any topics with the exact problem I am having, if there are please forgive me.

I got my Triumph on release day, very impressed with it to say the least. I have had none of the problems that others have been having. I woke up the other morning and grabbed my phone and checked for messages and the like and I noticed that it did not charge. I watched it all day and it would charge for anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes then the LED would change from solid red to slowly flashing red. Now it will not charge at all, on or off. I read that it might be the wall charger faulting so I switched it to charge of my PC,still no dice.

The question is has this happened to anyone else? It is very annoying and I am sitting here with a $300 plastic brick, and to make matters worse it is my only phone and I am waiting on a call back interview for a new job. I hope it is the battery since they are cheap enough to replace but if its the phone I am past my 30 day return period so returning or exchanging is not an option.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Advertisement

2. Ish_fish

Ish_fish Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    Hmm could be a faulty cable at the wall charger or at the connection that goes into the phone. I know i damaged the connector part of the cable that goes into my phone and sometimes it will not charge. You can try replacing both the cable and the wall connector. And your phone comes with a one-year warranty for hardware related problems so if its a problem with the phone hardware you can send a support ticket to virgin mobile! You're still good! :) Here is a site that explains it a little better, even gives you a script for e-mailing them.
    Warranty Service On the Motorola Triumph or LG Optimus V from Virgin Mobile

replacement charger with cable really cheap Genuine part:
    Amazon.com: Motorola SPN5504/SKN5004A micro-USB Home and Travel Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

3. kcabston

kcabston Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Thanks for the reply, I sent in the request and hopefully I will hear from them Monday.

4. Bill2099

Bill2099 Newbie
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    The problem is the phone gets hot and as a protection charging is disable other times it's not a matter of being hot the phone just refuse to charge b/c of all of the issues I return it to bestbuy for a full refund.

5. lanceg

lanceg Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Happened to my first Triumph, I exchanged it, hasn't happened for new one

6. rvarn1

rvarn1 Well-Known Member
    None

I had the same problem... I called Virgin Mobile, was escalated, and was sent a new phone. I had even cracked my screen, they didn't even call me. Call VM and ask.