• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Not Compatible"

Ruleej32

Lurker
May 7, 2020
Picked up a factory unlocked S20+ from Best Buy today and Straight Talk told me my phone isnt compatible. That was with a Verizon sim. (I was/am using Verizon in my old note and it worked great) Next we tried a T mobile sim and they're saying that's also isnt compatible? Anyone else having this issue? Might switch to Verizon prepaid .....

Picked up a factory unlocked S20+ from Best Buy today and Straight Talk told me my phone isnt compatible. That was with a Verizon sim. (I was/am using Verizon in my old note and it worked great) Next we tried a T mobile sim and they're saying that's also isnt compatible? Anyone else having this issue? Might switch to Verizon prepaid .....

I've not played with Straight talk, but as this is compatible with VZW, I would have thought all VZW based sim's would work fine. Not to mention, the unlocked is just that, unlocked, it should absolutely work on anything. Maybe a new sim would work? Otherwise, let us know if you get it working some other way.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Finally figured it out. Since I have the S20+ with 5g version it basically won't work on prepaid services except for Verizon prepaid but even that was a giant pita getting it connected. I would have to get a non 5g s20+ if I wanted to use straight talk.

That's unfortunate, especially since I'm sure the 5g model is more expensive. I wouldn't have expected it would be less compatible. Thanks for your feedback and welcome to AF @Ruleej32 :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones