1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Not Compatible"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ruleej32, May 7, 2020.

1. Ruleej32

Ruleej32 Lurker

Picked up a factory unlocked S20+ from Best Buy today and Straight Talk told me my phone isnt compatible. That was with a Verizon sim. (I was/am using Verizon in my old note and it worked great) Next we tried a T mobile sim and they're saying that's also isnt compatible? Anyone else having this issue? Might switch to Verizon prepaid .....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I've not played with Straight talk, but as this is compatible with VZW, I would have thought all VZW based sim's would work fine. Not to mention, the unlocked is just that, unlocked, it should absolutely work on anything. Maybe a new sim would work? Otherwise, let us know if you get it working some other way.

#2 NightAngel79, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    MrJavi likes this.
  3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Straight Talk is a sizable MVNO that contracts with AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile/Sprint so it supports a really wide range of models. You should try dealing with a different person at Straight Talk and get some better help setting up your S20 Plus.

MrJavi and NightAngel79 like this.
  4. Ruleej32

Ruleej32 Lurker

Finally figured it out. Since I have the S20+ with 5g version it basically won't work on prepaid services except for Verizon prepaid but even that was a giant pita getting it connected. I would have to get a non 5g s20+ if I wanted to use straight talk.

MrJavi likes this.
  5. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

That's unfortunate, especially since I'm sure the 5g model is more expensive. I wouldn't have expected it would be less compatible. Thanks for your feedback and welcome to AF @Ruleej32 :)

6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Really, I've never heard anything like that before.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus release date was 6 March. Features and Specs include a 6.7" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4500mAh battery.

6 March
Release Date
Reviews