1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Not Creating Shortcuts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 1963chris, Jul 16, 2018.

1. 1963chris

1963chris Newbie

Hi,
    I just bought a Moto G6 play and it's great but for one thing - when I try to create a website shortcut to the home screen in the usual way I get the message saying a shortcut has been sent to my home screen, but there is nothing there. Also when I install a new app it does not put an icon on the home screen.
    My browser is Chrome and I use Solo Launcher. Ive never had this trouble with previous Moto G phones.
    Any suggestions would be welcome. I've been going through settings for hours to no avail!
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Is Solo Launcher a 3rd Party launcher or what Moto call their own launcher?

If a 3rd Party launcher, does it have the required permissions? If you switch to the stock launcher, do you see a list of shortcuts you've created (I wonder if it's putting them there as opposed to your Solo homescreen)?

3. 1963chris

1963chris Newbie

Solo is a third party Launcher. The stock Launcher is Moto Launcher. I've tried creating shortcuts when using Moto Launcher and still no shortcuts.
    I've had a look at app permissions with both launchers and can't find anything that changes things, and have also checked the settings of Chrome. I'm nit a great tech person and I'm at a loss to think of anything else

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Do you have more than one home screen?
    Have you tried nova launcher?

5. 1963chris

1963chris Newbie

I've just discovered that Solo Launcher was the culprit after all. I uninstalled it and was able to create shortcuts. I don't know why this happened. What a pity as I've used it on other devices and had no trouble. I'll keep Nova in mind. Thank you for your help!

Dannydet likes this.

Moto G (6) play Forum

The Moto G (6) play release date was May 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 430 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

May 2018
Release Date
Reviews