• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not eating meat anymore

omark9343

Feb 1, 2018
Why would we eat something dead. It does not matter if the food is prepared well or not, when it comes to nuitrition there's more bacteria then nuitrition. In meat period. Meat is a major reason we get sick ... Our stomachs was not made to digest meat it was made for fruit and vegs. When the body start breaking down meat and tissue I believe its poisoning the body in a sophiticated way

Attachments

• assortment-of-cooked.jpg
    assortment-of-cooked.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 471
Reactions: imthelittleandroid
Lol I totally understand but your digestive system is honestly what makes you .... You ..... If you eat the wrong stuff you can get sick very easily. Your infecting your body with bacteria every time you consume it.
When did you decide to make the meatless choice? Do you feel overall better? Curious is all ;)

Upvote 0
Lol I totally understand but your digestive system is honestly what makes you .... You ..... If you eat the wrong stuff you can get sick very easily. Your infecting your body with bacteria every time you consume it.

Bacteria are part of our digestive system .. Without them we would die.

Upvote 0
Naw I eat meat lmao this is what pops was trying to argue with me about last night had me thinking wondered if I was the only one that second guessed myself after I thought about it that's all
Ah, based on the thread title I assumed you gave up meat.

So, clickbait :D :D nah, just kidding lol :)

Upvote 0
Meat is a like a New Operating System update for humans. Turning vegetarian is like just getting Security Updates.

They're good and all but it is missing some new features... Bone density comes to mind. Protein is good for that.

Yeah basically every since last Sunday I said buck it ima start eating pight meats like fish and turkey then I will head down to vegies I just never saw me not eating beef chicken steak lamb etc never had pork but yeah

Upvote 0
Why would we eat something dead. It does not matter if the food is prepared well or not, when it comes to nuitrition there's more bacteria then nuitrition. In meat period. Meat is a major reason we get sick ... Our stomachs was not made to digest meat it was made for fruit and vegs. When the body start breaking down meat and tissue I believe its poisoning the body in a sophiticated way
You have right here. I might experimenting not eating meat for a while to see how I feel.

Upvote 0
I am trying to eat healthy, and I want to quit eating meat too.

Kudos to you for wanting to stop eating meat! :D

However, if you're only doing it for its health benefits--and there are many, and they're well documented--you may not have the inner drive to sustain it for long.

When I went vegetarian in 1988--while living in Texas, no less!--my reasons were solely compassion-based. I had learned the facts about the heinous cruelty to animals in the meat industry, and as a self-labelled "animal lover" all my life, I simply couldn't reconcile continuing to passively participate in animal cruelty on the one hand [eating meat, wearing leather, etc.], while pampering and loving my pets on the other hand. I realized that a sentient being is a sentient being is a sentient being.... :) Did you know that pigs are smarter than dogs? It's true.

Today, I'm vegan. That transition happened naturally over a course of time. Bit by bit, I found myself buying less dairy and using cruelty-free plant-based alternatives instead. Along the way, I had learned about the cruelty in the dairy industry. My original reason for going vegetarian, not vegan, was that animals were killed in order to produce meat, leather, etc., while dairy products didn't involve killing. But once my eyes were opened to the facts about factory farming as it applies to dairy, I was done with that, too!

My long-winded point is that if you're going vegetarian for reasons other than the cruelty to animals inherent in the meat industry, you simply may not have the drive to continue for long. On the other hand, if you read up on, and watch undercover videos of, the horrendous animal cruelty involved in the meat industry, that might give you the impetus to stick with it.

And there's no need to feel deprived! I NEVER do. I eat everything I love, from Lays potato chips and Double Stuf Oreos, to ice cream to chocolate--the only difference is they're cruelty-free. For example, my 'fake ice cream' [as a buddy here calls it] is actually scrumptious, decadent, creamy vegan ice cream. My nightly chocolate--and I'm a lifelong chocoholic!--is dark chocolate, containing no dairy products. Even my 'fried chicken' is vegan--and it won FIRST PLACE at the National Fried Chicken Festival in New Orleans! It went up against 35 real chicken entries and won. When I saw it on Shark Tank, and all of the Sharks deemed it the 'best fried chicken they'd ever eaten'--before they knew it was vegan!--I immediately went to their site, AtlasMonroe.com, and ordered some.

Do you take some vitamins and supplements, by the way?
Normally, no, I do not. However, due to a very serious illness awhile back, I'm taking certain vitamins and minerals that I just can't get enough of because I'm not eating enough. But they're all vegan.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Reactions: MrJavi and olbriar
Upvote 0
Sorry for bumping, but my spouse decided to try veganism and suggested joining her. She doesn't insist, though, so it will be my choice. I wonder how many of those people who regretted eating meat returned to it later?
but it is not just eating meat. vegans do not eat anything that has animal products in it. it is such a drastic change in lifestyle. i am not a vegan. i dated a vegan though. i can do vegetarian, but not vegan.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones