1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Not enough memory for Froyo.. help!?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deedee.1984, Sep 23, 2010.

1. deedee.1984

deedee.1984 New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Hi all.. I'm on o2 (UK).. After patiently waiting for the 2.2 Froyo update , I finally downloaded this morning via "check for updates".. Unfortunately I did not have enough memory space and had to cancel the install. I then went through my apps and uninstalled them so that I'd have enough memory space. However, the install has not restarted. I have tried restarting the phone and also checking for update again. The update zip file is sitting on my phone but I havent a clue how to restart the installation.. please help!! This is very frustrating?!?!

Thanks!!

Advertisement

2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
  3. deedee.1984

deedee.1984 New Member

Sep 23, 2010
  4. maccboy

maccboy Member

Jul 20, 2010
    IT
    Cheshire, UK
    As an O2 user, also waiting for THE update, how much room do I need on my card for when I am finally given the chance to be as up to date as everyone else with a Desire?

5. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    The update will be around 85-90mb and you need at least 25mb free internal storage space.

6. maccboy

maccboy Member

Jul 20, 2010
    IT
    Cheshire, UK
    Cheers! I guess I'll just have to sit here and wait then . . . . . What a bummer!

7. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Marlow, Bucks, UK
    I got bored chaps. O2, non-rooted, no goldcard.

Try these instructions

Nice that someone put it in nice simple steps for me :) You'll lose all your contacts/calendar/apps (back-up first - and make sure it works). It's effectively a factory reset but it works and it's controlled over the USB by the PC so it's fairly "safe"*.

* Note: your definition of "safe" may differ from mine.

Tags: