• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not enough storage

I have a Galaxy Core Prime and I seem to have used up all the free space on my phone. I just put in a 16GB card in it, but that didn't seem to make any difference. Out of the few apps I have, only about 5 can be moved to the card. Everything else is grayed out so I can't move them or uninstall them. I'm using Galaxy S Launcher.

My phone specs are as follows:
Model: SM-S820L
Android Version: 4.4.4/KitKat
Hardware Version: S820L.05
Internal Storage: 8GB

My storage information:
System Memory: 2.86GB
Device Memory: 4.5GB used/700MB free
Used Space: 1.22GB
Cached Data: 7.30MB (and that's after clearing the cache)
Misc. Files: 3.27GB
Available space: 663MB
I have 13.50GB space left on a 16GB SD card.

Apps currently installed:
  • Flashlight
  • Avast Mobile Security
  • DU Speed Booster
  • Facebook
  • Galaxy S Launcher
  • Google App
  • Google Play Services
  • Goggle Play Store
  • Messenger
  • Zedge
  • Spotify
  • You Tube
Anything I can do to make more space?

Along with 'Miscellaneous files' you might want to also check what's in your 'Used space'. Go back into Settings >> More >> Storage and tap on the 'Used space' icon. If you tap on each category you can check if you have some photos, videos, and music that you might be able to move to your microSD card. You can also tap on the 'Miscellaneous files' icon and that should open up a listing with check boxes where you individually select and delete items. You probably don't want to flush out everything but there's often an accumulation of junk files that aren't necessary and sometimes there are sizable folders left there from apps you have previous uninstalled that didn't get wiped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones