• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help not enough storage

milliestone

Lurker
Sep 30, 2011
I have 1.6 gb of memory left on my sd card and 1.6 mb on my internal storage and any time i open an app or try to look at my emails or photos it says "your phone is low on storage space. please make some free space before using this app". It wont let me move any apps to my sd card and i have no idea what to do! any suggestions?

On the main app screen, press the menu button > remove app > all > From here, go into any app that has a considerable few MB of data and it if allows you the option of clearing data do so (providing it isn't anything you need to hold on to). Apps I regularly clear data from include Maps (10MB worth), my internet browser (clear history, cache, webzine data etc), download manager and text messages. Doing this should free up a fair bit of space on your phone

Reactions: trixebell
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones