1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NOT enought Memory Samsung J7 2020

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Malala, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Malala

Malala Lurker

If I bought a J7 2 years ago and a J7 today in 2020 is gonna be a difference?? My J7 is telling me NOT ENOUGH Memory.. and I [ve been watching that the new phones also have 2GB of RAM and they charge you a fortune. Mine has an extension card of 16 Gb. Should I change it for a 132GB or bigger? would it stop the problem I have with " Not enough memory" ???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

sorry but 2 gb of ram INMHO is not enough to run the most recently Android OS's. 3-4gbs would be preferred. but like you said the higher the ram the more they charge. as far as memory and storage goes, the bigger the memory, the more you can store. the Android OS sits in a partition residing in your memory. so the bigger the memory, the more room you have for the os as well as storage space......so yes, 132gb would be preffered.

3. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator

You can get cheap MicroSD cards from Amazon for super cheap. Cards from reliable companies like San Disk are only like $20 for a 128GB Micro SD card: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-512GB-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B07SC7BZHR

Those are Ultra cards. The "Extreme":
    https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B07P9W5HJV

And "Extreme Plus":
    https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-128GB-microSDXC-UHS-I/dp/B06XYSVX64

Are more expensive but also transfer data much faster. In all honesty, I'm not sure how big the difference is in quality/speed and if you definitively should get a certain type for specific phones. I splurged on an expensive card thinking I'd use it for years and years (and i've been correct).

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

I made the mistake of buying lower priced SD cards- twice.

PCNY didn't work at all in the device I had at the time.
    I took it back and paid twice as much for a Sans Disk that (still) works great.
    Lexar was supposedly good, I had heard.
    Both Lexar cards I bought crashed, with complete data loss, one after only one month.
    So I bought more Sans Disk to replace them, and they work great.

I won't even look at other brand SD cards anymore.

Samsung Galaxy J7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy J7 release date was June 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 615 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2015
Release Date
Reviews