1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

not finding music on the sd card.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by clubxny, Dec 19, 2012.

1. clubxny

clubxny Lurker

I just purchased a 64gb sandisk ultra microsd. I moved my music into system/mnt/exSdCard, but the default music app will not pick up any of the music. I tried winamp app as well. Then I decided to start from scratch and just re-format the SD card. I created a directory called Music again within /exSdcard subfolder. No luck.

I am using airdroid to dump the files onto my note 2, when uploading music using the music icon within the web interface. I am seeing that it is being dumped into /sdcard/music. Not sure how to force the default music card to search the external card.

I looked for that file .nomedia file within the root. did not find it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. clubxny

clubxny Lurker

had to SHUT DOWN the device completely and when it rebooted. It recognized that directory. Strange since MX Player recognized the videos I placed in there earlier without the reboot.

3. clubxny

clubxny Lurker

Another issue :

Everytime I load music onto this device, in order for it to see it. I have to manually power cycle the device and then music player would see it. I tried killing off the music app and it still did not see it. Is there another process I can kill ? I am going to try to restore this phone back to factory default and see if that helps.

4. Nobby Sheep

Nobby Sheep Member

Go into "my files" then settings.

You can then specify the default folders for music, video and images.

My default music folder is on my sd card.

5. ren857

ren857 Android Enthusiast

I think the issue is that the phone is not re-reading your music folder when you dump the files into it - causing you to have to power cycle the phone. When your power cycle, the phone reads your sd card.

The air droid app should force the phone to re-read the card after you transfer your files, but it doesn't. I know sometimes, when I transfer music, I have to tell PowerAmp, my music player, to re-scan the music folder to ensure that the new music is picked up.

Whatever music player you are using should have an option to re-scan the music folders (or whatever folder you select).

As a side note, if you use the usb cord to transfer music, whenever you disconnect your phone from you computer, the scanning automatically happens.

Also, you airdroid setting should have an option for you to select where to save your files. Take a look in the settings.

6. clubxny

clubxny Lurker

perhaps I will try power amp app and see a force re-caching option.

Currently using Airdrop and their "MUSIC" folder icon it only dumps to the default location /sdcard/music, not really sure where this points to.

I have to use the file manager folder within AirDrop UI to dump it into the mnt folder which the external sd card is mounted to.

7. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

I use AirDroid as well and don't use their music option, just their files option. I also use PowerAmp which I have to tell to rescan. It'd be nice if we didn't have to do that though.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews