1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Not getting 3G at all...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bolek, Sep 12, 2011.

1. bolek

bolek Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2011
    Hello, this is my first post here.

I just got my Optimus V last Saturday. I believe I set up everything fine, and have downloaded some apps.

It was working pretty good until this morning, but today I haven't got any 3G signal at all. I thought I would have 3G almost anywhere, but this is my first smartphone I'm not so positive....

At this time, I'm not concerned about battery life and such. I just want 3G to be working as often as possible.

Can you tell me what to do and what to expect?

I live in NYC, so the area shouldn't be the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Advertisement

2. pandacookie

pandacookie Panda-riffic!
    None

Have you tried turning on airplane mode and then turning it off again? Strangely, that works, sometimes.

Go to menu > settings > wireless and networks. Airplane mode can be found there. Hit the checkmark next to airplane mode, as that turns it on. Wait a minute or two and then uncheck it.

mtygabriel likes this.
  3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Also try selecting the activate app(hit it as many times as it takes to get your 3G going).

If after doing what pandacookie mentioned,and the above^, and 3G still doesn't work, then you will need to call Virgin Mobile.

4. acarter

acarter Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    I had the exact same problem for the first week of service on my Optimus V. Call VM at 1-888-322-1122 and they'll hook you up :D

5. jms1951

jms1951 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    I had the same problem. I called VM and they told me to take the battery out and hold the power button down for 15 seconds. It worked when I put the battery back in and turned the phone back on. Good luck

6. bolek

bolek Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2011
    Thanks everyone,

I called VM, they told me to do everything you posted and it came back to life! They actually activated more than 3 or 4 times with different codes or whatever it is, and told me to wait for 4 hours. As soon as we finished the conversation(and I was ready to wait for 4 hours) I saw 3g came back to my phone!

Thank you again,

7. blmbmj

blmbmj Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Glad it worked, but this will continue to occur from time to time. I have to force 3G to turn back on at least twice a week. Usually, toggling Airplane mode works, but once in a while I have to turn the phone off and then back on before it will work.

Just one of them quirky things that I am VERY willing to put up with to continue to pay $25/month for a smart phone, be it entry level or not.

8. lizm

lizm Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Funny you mention you are in NYC because i had terrible issues with my phone when I was there in July. Places like Battery Park I'd lose 3g - wtf?

I live in a fairly rural area of Ohio and have 3G ALL the time here.

Weird.

9. mtygabriel

mtygabriel Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2011
    Thank guys for signing up and posting your problem and solutions! I was googling for the same reason. All day yesterday I had no 3G on my LG Optimus V. I went to settings and selected the Airplane mode and then deselected it and voila! 3G!!!

Thanks,
    Gabriel

10. bgrenwis

bgrenwis Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    I had similar problem, called VM 5 days straight. Reset wouldn't work, tried it four times. Pulled the battery, activated phone numerous times, no luck. Finally they terminated my account and reactivated it. Problem solved. (they gave me a free week for my trouble and a new activation day each month)

11. Glutz

Glutz Member
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    Student
    Alabama
    Just a heads up when they say,wait for 4 hours it's just so if I doesn't come back to life straight away they don't want you coming straight back.

Congrats on getting 3G back!

12. onlinecash2012

None

May 27, 2011
    Movie Theater Manager
    Amarillo TX
    Yeah once in a blue moon i will lose 3G for a random time, usually no longer than 15 mins, but it always comes back on. But when it does go out i just go to airplane mode for another 15 mins just to make sure that shit went through...lol. Works everytime.

Tags: