• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not getting email in a timely manor

trayack

Aug 10, 2010
I haven't been getting my aol account email in a timely manor. I have the settings set to check every 10 min for email but still not getting it. If I manually go into the email it searches for it and then retreives it but it won't do it automatically.....does anyone have any ideas? :thinking:

Maybe you are not getting a good 3G signal? I've noticed that occasionally if I am inside a big building that has a steel substructure or brick even, that the 3G signal becomes spotty. You could test it by sending yourself e-mails from a computer when you see that you have a solid connection and see how long it takes for them to arrive.

EDIT: Allow me to clarify, if the 3G signal temporarily goes to shit it may prevent an app that is set to update automatically from doing so. Then it doesn't do the automatic update, automatically, once you return to a good signal.

Upvote 0
I haven't been getting my aol account email in a timely manor. I have the settings set to check every 10 min for email but still not getting it. If I manually go into the email it searches for it and then retreives it but it won't do it automatically.....does anyone have any ideas? :thinking:

i have 6 AOHell accounts in mine all working/pushing fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones