1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Not getting exact version of ROM

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by pk001, Apr 11, 2016.

1. pk001

pk001 Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    Hi Guys I am using Gaba A62, It's working good from 1 years but now since 1 week, it has reached worst condition. Its automatic flashing adds and installing apps without informing. Apps are automatically install in system file and can't be installant . I have done many times Reset Factory but after reset, all new apps come again. I have uninstalled all my new apps which may be suspicious.
    Now I am thinking to install other version of OS but after find a lot but I am not getting any rom which fit for this handset. So is there any Universal ROM which can install in any mobile. Please help me anyone about this matter. Thanks

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I suspect you have installed a rootkit trojan at some point, which is now able to install adware to your system. A factory reset will do nothing to the system, so the only fix in that case is to reflash the OS, either with official firmware or a custom ROM.

An obscure device like this probably has few if any ROMs, as you've discovered. And there is no such thing as a universal ROM - any ROM has to be built for the specific device. So your best bet might be to see whether the manufacturer provides tools for installing official software, or contact them to ask for advice on how to do this.

Sorry, but that's all I can offer.

psionandy likes this.
  3. pk001

pk001 Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    Is it mean I can't change OS of mobile as computer can?

4. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    That is correct. You can't just install a generic version (like you can with Windows/Linux etc).
    It needs to be a specific version, built specially for your device