• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not getting SMS notifications during calls

I'm a long time #SamsungKnight and never had this problem. For some reason, if I get a text while on a call I do not get the notification sound or vibration. If I'm not on a call and recieve a text I get the notification sound and vibrationjust fine. I'm running stock Android and my phone is completely up-to-date as of this posting. I am using Google Messages as my default SMS app with all permissions granted. On a side note I have the same problem when using Samsung's default messaging app.

SETTINGS ==> APPS ==> MESSAGES ==> NOTIFICATIONS ==> allowed and everything except "Connected to Messages for web" is ticked ON

Model number SM-G965U
Android version 8.0.0
Samsung Experience version

Reactions: huntercmhm11
Try this if it'll work SETTINGS ==> APP NOTIFICATIONS ==> MESSAGES ==> SHOW NOTIFICATIONS (ensure that it is all "ON" except Emergency Alerts)

I couldn't follow the exact roadmap you are leading me down but I was able to find something similar.
SETTINGS ---> NOTIFICATIONS ---> MESSAGES (first screenshot)

I also found opening the app itself so...
MESSAGES ---> MENU ---> SETTINGS ---> NOTICATIONS (second screenshot)

In any case if I'm on the phone I get the new message icon in the status bar but no sound or vibration. If I change the default messaging app from Google Messages to the stock Samsung Messages I do not have this problem. It's a shame because the Google messaging app is so much better.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20181215-111451_Settings.jpg
    SmartSelect_20181215-111451_Settings.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 331
  • Screenshot_20181215-112551_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181215-112551_Settings.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones