• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not good for tax returns

siggy1964

Feb 13, 2012
Virginia
I tried to use my tablet to file my taxes on Taxact. Not a good idea. Even with the bluetooth keyboard I ended up having to go to my laptop to finish them for various reasons. I was so looking forward to not having to use my computer (sigh). Oh well, that's only once a year and by this time next year who knows what tablets will be able to do.

I tried to use my tablet to file my taxes on Taxact. Not a good idea. Even with the bluetooth keyboard I ended up having to go to my laptop to finish them for various reasons. I was so looking forward to not having to use my computer (sigh). Oh well, that's only once a year and by this time next year who knows what tablets will be able to do.

Before you blame the tablet, take a look at the browser and even the website.

I've run across websites that have issues with mobile browsers sometimes. My solution is to use two browsers. I have the stock one, and Boat browser is set up as desktop with full flash. Haven't run into any issues using Boat on websites that tend to gag on the stock browser. I also have Dolphin and use that sometimes as well.

You could even set up the stock one as a desktop instead of mobile in the settings. That would work as well. Still, its not your tablet that's a problem.

Reactions: siggy1964
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones