• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Not having any luck. help?

I tried that. I used z4root to root it when it was 2.2 then i unrooted and updated to 2.2.1 and used gingerbreak so i could get 2.3.3

also when i get into Superuser i click Su binary v original (tap to check for updates) it says checking then there is a new version of su i click ok then it says an error occurred and the su was not updated. a zip file (su-2.3.1-bin-signed.zip) has been placed on your sdcard, please reboot into recovery mode and flash it to update your su binary

Upvote 0
I tried that. I used z4root to root it when it was 2.2 then i unrooted and updated to 2.2.1 and used gingerbreak so i could get 2.3.3

also when i get into Superuser i click Su binary v original (tap to check for updates) it says checking then there is a new version of su i click ok then it says an error occurred and the su was not updated. a zip file (su-2.3.1-bin-signed.zip) has been placed on your sdcard, please reboot into recovery mode and flash it to update your su binary

dont know if this is even going to help but why dont you unintall super user and reinstall it from the market and see if that helps you with your issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones