• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

not having fun with mt3g so far :(

gwcaton

Android Expert
Apr 25, 2010
Bought a used mt3g last week. Not the 3.5 mm version. Can furnish more info ( firmware version , etc. ) if needed but here is my problem(s)
I am using a 8gb SD card in it and sometimes it will play my music and videos. sometimes it won't.
Sometimes I have to restart it a couple of times before it will read/play what I have on my card.
The errror messages i get are : Activity movies ( in application camera ) is not responding. Options are force close or wait. Neither of which do any good. For the music I get "Sorry the player does not recognize that type of audio file ".
The thing of it is that half an hour ago it worked fine . Closed that program , came back half an hour later to use again and get the previously mentioned error messages. Restart the phone 1, sometimes 2 times and all is well , until the next time i want to use it .

A common problem with this phone ? Something I can fix? Wasted my money on the phone ? LOL Did i just buy someone elses headaches ?

I used this SD card in my Samsung Impression with no problems .

Anyway any help is appreciated cause I think this is a great phone ( in theory anyway )

Thanks,
Gary

I know it would suck, but I would then try to buy a new card and see if that fixes the problem. If that doesnt fix it the next step i would take is to just restore the phone to the original state and if that doesnt work, I would say you bought someone elses headache :p

Well i did a factory reset yesterday, no change. Reformatted the sd card in the phone. Music seems to work fine now but video is worse . So I am going with the bad or going to be bda soon sd card. Have a new and improved ( hopefully) one comih in a few days .

Thanks for the help. will let ya know if this does the trick .

Upvote 0
alrighty then, Loaded the new ADATA 8gb class 6 sd card with 700 songs, 5 of my fave pics for wallpaper and 19 music videos ( 4.6gb left on card ).
Running good ! everything plays like its suppose to hasn't missed a beat all day and I use my phone more for a music /video player than i do amything. Seems to load faster too.

Thanks for all the help . Never knew there where different classes of sd cards until I joined this forum.

FYI for those more technical than i am. ADATA offers a class 10 card
A-DATA Technology

Upvote 0
I would be wary of adata. I bought an 8GB class 6 adata sd card from Fry's electronincs in Houston and the write speeds were less than my class 4/8GB kingston sd card ... what was also odd was that it was selling for less than the Kingston as well.

The Kingston was registering at 3.9MB/per second while the adata was around 2.8MB/per second.

Suffice it to say, I took it back and got my money back.

Hopefully it was just a defect and yours fairs better.

Upvote 0
I would be wary of adata. I bought an 8GB class 6 adata sd card from Fry's electronincs in Houston and the write speeds were less than my class 4/8GB kingston sd card ... what was also odd was that it was selling for less than the Kingston as well.

The Kingston was registering at 3.9MB/per second while the adata was around 2.8MB/per second.

Suffice it to say, I took it back and got my money back.

Hopefully it was just a defect and yours fairs better.

wow . welll all i can say is so far so good.
Thanks .

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones