• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NOT impressed with iPhone!

kctexan

Lurker
Mar 12, 2012
Hi, there. I'm a brand new Samsung Infuse owner. Walmart had a 97 cent special and I already had an unlimited data plan I got to grandfather. Owned an iPhone for 2 years and still don't know what all the hype is about. Although, the voice dialer was great. But the screen and especially the text editing was the pits. Fairly intuitive, but iTunes was just horrible to navigate through and I never managed to purchase a paid app since they required two forms of payment to be able to use Paypal and they were NOT getting my bank account number. Sure I hope I don't have that problem buying Android apps. I'm over 60 and starting to run low on eyesight and patience in this decade. Having a little difficulty transitioning to Android, but OMG is that a beautiful screen that I can SEE! Is it my imagination, or does it have a little 3D capability? The starry sky at the beginning of the original Star Trek series definitely looks 3D. I live in the Great Midwest but will always be a Texan. I'm sure I will have a number of questions, some of them dumb. I'll save those for after I do some research on your forums.

Nice meeting you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones