• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not impressed with Sprint, fearful of Evo. What are my options?

May I please remind you... and others for the 1000 time, that this forum is a place mostly where people with problems go to. Does it mean that 99% of owners have lifting screens, dust under the screen, creaking kickstands, ect? No...hell no. While I can't help your coverage (that just might be where you life.. some places suck no matter who you have), I can tell you that if you are judging your phone's quality on the posters here, you need to wake up.

QFT. Please don't come to an internet forum for a specific product and not expect to see the worst of that product (double-negative intended :D).

Back on topic, as far as I remember, you have to return the products through the same channel from which you purchased them. Hope that helps... And don't rule out an AIRAVE to help get you some signal in your home... I've been with Sprint for 8 years and couldn't be happier unless they included free pr0n with the bills. :D

Reactions: Pckrchick
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Actually it's kind of sad that you think of the iphone and android when mentioning a smartphone. They are more like smart feature phones or somewhat smartphones. They're all just dumbed down versions of smartphones with flashy gui's and apps.
So please don't wrongfully tell the guy what he needs.

LOL r u serious? Are u from 2001?

Upvote 0
Call Sprint Customer Care and tell them you are unhappy and that you want a refund. You will have to have a restocking fee, and possibly a contract cancellation fee. I recommend the Nexus One or wait for the iPhone 4.

If they are a new customer under that 30-day free guarantee program there will be no restocking fee, no activation fee, no termination fee, and no monthly usage fee unless you go over your allowance and create overage charges. Sprint Nextel Corporation - Investor Relations - RSS Content

Upvote 0
I'd say the first thing to do is make sure you have good coverage from whatever carrier you go to next.

If Verizon is the best carrier for you you can always get a Droid Incredible. As another poster mentioned, there are 2 new Motorola Android phonnes coming to Vereizon over the next few months.

If your not tied to Android, the best deal out there is the Palm Pre Plus on Verizon.

If you don't have good Sprint coverage, your making the right decision by returning your EVO. Sprint advretises no charges for the 30 day trial period so you should get your money back.

good luck !

Upvote 0
Its most likely due to carrier bloatware.
I agree. I rooted and installed one of the bloatless roms and both battery life has increased, its fast as heck and no more issues. (thanks crp for leading me to the root process)

There are a lot of OEM apps that are bloating down the system. Be it facebook, sprint apps etc. Its a whole new world now.

As for the OP, each new batch of phones that come out always has issues. No one is immune to that. We the desirer's of new gadgets just have to be the first in line for stuff, and thus get the blunt of the blow of things not working out or falling apart. It comes with the territory.

Of all the manufacturers I've ever tried, HTC has been the most trouble free one. Even when I was on Windows mobile. Samsung was my second best.
Of all the phones out there, both the Nexus and the Incredible are the ones I like other than the EVO. But since Sprint is the best one for me in my area, I ain't going anywhere.

TS out

Upvote 0
Hon ignore the rude comments. I am a cell phone fanatic.

Personally I love HTC and will continue to buy their devices until I see a reason not too.

I agree with you about blackberries.
IPhones as well.

Never had Nokia or symbian I think u said.
Palm pre on sprint is horrible but the palm pre plus on Verizon is great device.

I recommend returning the evo and you should not have any issues returning. You may have to pay a restoxking fee. Thirty six bucks I think.

For sprint stay away from heroes and moments.other than those and evos, that's all they have that is decent.

I recommend cliq xt if you go T-Mobile

At and t either iPhone or pre plus

Verizon has more options for variety. They are coming out with two Motorola phones running Android. One is basically a Motorola evo and the other is an upgraded Droid.

Verizon is your best bet

Sent from Carmen's HTC Evo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones