1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Not impressed.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TELREA, Jan 12, 2012.

1. TELREA

TELREA Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    have recently acquired a 8 month old samsung s2 from a relative which has been in for repair twice,on one occasion the phone would not charge,and on the second occasion the phone randomly reboot...now within a few weeks of using it..i have screen freezing,random reboots,when plugging in charger,i get a battery icon..but no apparent charge...tried reflashing the original 2.3.5 software...no joy.3 customer services have informed me that it was showing signs of water damage and basically tough luck..i know its not been near water whatsoever,but there adamant...does it look like i have an expensive paperweight or anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Sounds like its defective and needs replacing, not a repair.

Also, how could you know it's not received water damage if you've only just received it and it's 8 months old? I hope your relative didn't charge you much for it, I certainly wouldn't charge a relative for a defective or damaged phone.. :(

3. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    I feel for you man. I once bought a used car with 48k miles on it. I was LIVID to find out that there was treadwear on the tires! Used gear should ALWAYS be the same as new!

In all seriousness, you don't know beyond your relative's word how that phone was taken care of (or abused). I'm sorry that you got a Lemon, but this is a very high quality phone. Buy new or buyer beware.

4. TELREA

TELREA Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    thanks for the replies,luckily i got it at a good price so maybe alarm bells shoulda rang,but they were adamant it wasnt water damaged:(3 customer services told me using it in heavy rain could also cause corrosion over time...oh well just thought possible repair or break it down and clean it might be an option...or just flog it too mazuma and move on

TEL.