1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

not in loop anymore.. SD card card not mounting and only booting while plugged in!!ANY suggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by electroguy27, Dec 19, 2011.

1. electroguy27

electroguy27 Newbie

I was stuck in a boot loop of hell last night and got GREAT help from you guys:)
    BUT NOW i can get the ROM that messed it up to boot but i cant mount the sd card to do a restore or update:mad: .. PLEASE HELP!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Are you able to mount it in recovery?

3. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Hey Electroguy.

pick one thread or the other or folk are gonna get confused. guess you figure you could use the company, huh? :eek:

Prob someone will come in and have some suggestions.

You must have escaped the boot loop of death, or didn't have it. hang in there and see what folk can come up with.

4. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

argedion likes this.
  5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

can you mount the usb in Recovery by doing a usb toggle?

6. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Going with a different Rom was going to be my next suggestion if he is able to toggle from recovery. :D

7. electroguy27

electroguy27 Newbie

sorry..i know youre absolutly right.. im just stressed.. been workin on this for days now.. with your help of course:) i cant mount in recovery no. let me try to flash the rom through usb. do i want the odexed or deodexed??

8. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

First I would try removing the sd card and reinserting it. Maybe a bad conection.

9. MizzouBrent

Good idea. I would go with Odex, since it will just be for a backup sake anyway. Odex is cleaner and a little faster. I thought it was supposed to be smaller too, but the Odex download looks bigger. But I prefer Odex.

I'll bet the sd card connection just isn't good. Open that sucker up and make sure it's snapped in correctly.

10. electroguy27

electroguy27 Newbie

ive tried several sd cards so thats not it.. downloading now...

11. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

What size cards are you trying? 2gig 4gig 8gig?

I have read somewhere that the EVO doesnt like anything less than 8gig SDCARD

Also is the card readable through a card reader on your computer?

12. electroguy27

electroguy27 Newbie

my computer isnt recognizing the toggle, do i need to download drivers or anything first?
    and im using an 8gb hdsd now and it was a 16gb originaly

13. dustwun77

do you happen to have an adapter that you can use to put your card in to and see if the pc can read the card?

Maybe put a new rom to flash on it too.

14. electroguy27

electroguy27 Newbie

thats what i want to do but how can i flash it without it reading or mounting my sd?

15. dustwun77

but the card is readable by your pc? just trying to establish that...

16. MizzouBrent

Right, or even try it in another phone. If it's corrupted, it won't read anywhere.

17. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

By everything ive read here including trying several sd cards Im wondering if the recovery is the problem. Just throwing this out there to see what everyone else thinks. Maybe bad flash or download.

dustwun77 likes this.
  18. MizzouBrent

I don't think so, because he said the phone couldn't read the sd card once it boots either. Maybe the whole port went bad somehow? I've never heard of that happening on an Evo, but I suppose anything is possible.

19. electroguy27

electroguy27 Newbie

me neither which is why this is driving me crazy!! it says CANT MOUNT /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (no such file or directory)
    and amon ra is now running and its still not mounting

can i install a ROM without the sd card?

20. MizzouBrent

You're 100% sure that it's snapped in correctly? It's tricky to get it in there just right.

21. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

i thinking like you he has either a) a bad port or b) gotten some trash up in the port from trying different cards. (Maybe a spray some contact cleaner in the slot where the sdcard goes? I'm just guessing anyways.

I also agree that you need to try to see if any of the cards will work in windows.

More specifically if they will be recognized by windows. If not please go to mmc and check the disk manager and tell me if it pics it up in there and what it tells you about the partition ie.. Fat 32, Fat or Unrecognised.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews