1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Not lurkin / trollin, honest

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Spitlord, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Spitlord

Spitlord Newbie

Hello folks.

My name is Harley, I'm 32 and live in California. I just found an android based samsung on a park bench with no contacts on it, and I tried to put it in the paper. Over 100 people called trying to claim the phone, but couldn't tell me the model number (or even the color) so I figured they were just trying to scam it out of me.

So I kept it. :p

And now I'm just plying around with the thing. I do a lot of travelling and hitchhiking, so I think it will be a valuable tool as far as maps, directions, etc. and I am looking forward to learning more about the OS from you guys. I'm also lookin for some games to kill massive amounts of time waiting for trains in the yard. So far Defender is my fave (and who doesn't like angry birds?), and I really like Twitch / RPG games, so any suggestions would be cool.

Thanks for the welcome

- Spitlord

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

If you head here - Android Phones - Android Forums - and select your device from the list, you will find a sub-forum full of other users who will help you get the most out of your phone.

Hope you find this place useful!

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hey Harley,

Welcome to the forum. You know that you didn't have to tell us how you come to have the phone, so for that - I applaud you for being honest with yourself. We are not here to judge anyone - but to try and assist you with any problem(s) you may have.

In my signature is a 'phones' link, Tap on it and you'll be taken to a list of phones, from there choose your device... And you will see your phone's area if discussion. There are lots of hints, tips, tricks for all Android devices. Enjoy your time here. Happy Holidays. :)

Ps. I see that D-U-R-X has ninj'd me. ;)

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

If you change your mind about finding the owner, I think taking it to its nearest carrier store (if a US phone, anything can happen in California with so many travelers) would be the answer.

Otherwise, you probably want to use it wifi only - an attempt to activate it would likely be met with a block from the carrier.

lunatic59, xmr405o and D-U-R-X like this.
  5. Spitlord

Spitlord Newbie

Well again, thank you guys for the warm welcome. I look forward to conversations to come; I haven't rocked a forum for a long time, so this should be fun.

I will take your suggestions and go from there - But first I think I oughtta spiff up my profile a bit, eh?

-Spitlord