1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Not Lurking...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Angelz70, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Angelz70

Angelz70 Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Hi All-
    Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

I'm a mom to a wonderful young man who just graduated high school a few weeks ago. He will be off to college come this Fall and as awesome as that is; I must say, as his mother, this is the most diffiult of all transitions. Going from the bottle to tippy-cup, to real glass, was tough! The tricycle, to training wheels to mountain bike, was nail biting. But then handing him the keys to the vehicle created about 4 kinds of crazy in me! So, this recent milestone; (graduation) has basically pushed me over the edge.

Anyway- he's had an android phone (Vibrant) for several months and loves it; He is constantly finding new, flashy, fun, (sometimes obnoxious) apps, but most of the time really cool and oftentimes hilarious things to add to his phone. He has pushed me on a regular basis to get an Android phone and last week I finally did. I just got the Galaxy S and I must say, WOWSERS! There are a lot of things in this phone... I mean, 'contraption', and not all to easy to grasp over night. Yes, my son has helped me set it up and have created the different screens, but we have found some very big opposites in how we want to use the phone and how we want the phone to behave. So this one of the main reasons that brought me here, to this forum.

I hope I can learn differnt things here about my phone and its capabilities. I might lurk a little now, (since I did say hi) and see if I can't find some valuable threads. Just note that my lurking will never cross the line and turn to stalking!

Happily android-ing!

Angelz~

Advertisement

2. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    Midland's, South Carolina
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    That's probably the most informative intro post I've seen! Welcome, we're happy to have you here :)

Glad you like the handset, if you ever need assistance, I'm sure the guys in the Galaxy S Subforum will be happy to assist!

Angelz70 likes this.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

I can certainly relate. My son will be graduating from College next year and while I will be happy to have money again, I worry about the potential job market. But, I suppose a parent job is to worry about things kids don't worry about until they have kids of their own.

You will love having the phone for communication as I can't always count on my son replying by email or returning a phone call, but he will ALWAYS respond to a text. (Kids, go figure.) If there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask, although if it's about tuition, i'm tapped out for at least another year.

Angelz70 likes this.
  5. Angelz70

Angelz70 Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    I promise, no tuition requests!!! :)