1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Not reading sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rottweilerjim, Dec 19, 2012.

1. rottweilerjim

rottweilerjim Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Male
    You're kidding right?
    East Bay
    On several occasions when I start my phone my phone won't load my apps from my sd card. When I go to apps then sd card all I see is grey boxes with com.(app name). I either try to redownload the apps or delete them. I've tried different brands and rattings of cards. (Backups are on the card too). Ideas? Fixes? Or is this a samsung thing.

Advertisement

2. super squirrel

super squirrel Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    Take off the back cover, find the reset button, push a pin at the reset button and it should start to scan the sd card (This would occasionally happen to me).

3. rottweilerjim

Nov 12, 2012
    Male
    You're kidding right?
    East Bay

Cool, I just tried this with no luck. Now I think it's the hole with a "R" next to it. So do I push with phone on/off, battery in/out. I hate poking around hot circuits with metal pins untill i'm positive.

4. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Male
    I have this problem sometimes. What I do is wait for a bit, something with the media scanning process is messing up and even though it reads everything fine. It won't show up apps on the sd card. If waiting a couple of extra minutes doesn't work, then so into your settings and go to unmount the sd card, the mount it again. Apps should appear. this always works for me ;)

5. rottweilerjim

Nov 12, 2012
    Male
    You're kidding right?
    East Bay

I tried both ideas with no luck. I just started reloadig the apps without erasing and it's working but very tedious but now is a good time to backup to dropbox or another cloud type app. Any suggestions?