• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cktony

Oct 11, 2012
I recently rooted my phone in order to set up a new plan. The root went fine, had no problems, it's been a few days. Today I got a SIM card and a refill card to set up a new 'plan'.

The SIM card is a nano, and my phone takes the standard size SIMs. Luckily it came with the adapter to use it with a standard size. When I put it in my phone (with the plastic case/holder or whatever), it fell out. So I tried to take the plastic part out but it was stuck. It took some prodding but I finally managed to get it out. However, now it won't read the SIM card or my old card. I have a phone number and everything, it's all been activated.. it's just that my phone won't read the damn SIM.

I'm guessing it's a hardware issue from the prodding.. is there any relatively easy fix anyone knows of? I'd LOATHE having to go get a new phone.. holiday season and all... If there's nothing, I am going into town tomorrow so I can see if the at&t store there will be able to do anything. Otherwise.. bseurognadsifjavn ernjsxdfigbjnaemrdivjn

-_-

If you have a good magnifying glass, a good strong light, good eyesight, steady hands and want to look at the contacts carefully to see which one is bent just a little bit out of position - and then, using a tiny wooden toothpick tip, push it back into position, you may get lucky. Otherwise you'll need to have the SIM card socket replaced.

Reactions: cktony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones