1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Not reading SIM card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cktony, Dec 12, 2013.

1. cktony

cktony Newbie

I recently rooted my phone in order to set up a new plan. The root went fine, had no problems, it's been a few days. Today I got a SIM card and a refill card to set up a new 'plan'.

The SIM card is a nano, and my phone takes the standard size SIMs. Luckily it came with the adapter to use it with a standard size. When I put it in my phone (with the plastic case/holder or whatever), it fell out. So I tried to take the plastic part out but it was stuck. It took some prodding but I finally managed to get it out. However, now it won't read the SIM card or my old card. I have a phone number and everything, it's all been activated.. it's just that my phone won't read the damn SIM.

I'm guessing it's a hardware issue from the prodding.. is there any relatively easy fix anyone knows of? I'd LOATHE having to go get a new phone.. holiday season and all... If there's nothing, I am going into town tomorrow so I can see if the at&t store there will be able to do anything. Otherwise.. bseurognadsifjavn ernjsxdfigbjnaemrdivjn

-_-

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

If you have a good magnifying glass, a good strong light, good eyesight, steady hands and want to look at the contacts carefully to see which one is bent just a little bit out of position - and then, using a tiny wooden toothpick tip, push it back into position, you may get lucky. Otherwise you'll need to have the SIM card socket replaced.

cktony likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews