1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Not receive texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dosei, Dec 10, 2020.

1. dosei

dosei Member

I recently upgraded to a Galaxy S20 from a Pixel 3. This was a simple SIM swap. However now I can't receive texts from some contacts. While my old Pixel doesn't have a SIM card, the texts I don't receive are going to my Pixel when it's on wifi. The Pixel is receive these incoming texts, but I can't text out on the Pixel. This is only occurring with certain contacts. My carrier is T Mobile.

Can someone please tell me what is wrong?

TIA.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

maybe it is something with your carrier. i would call t-mobile and see what they say.

dosei likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I'm using T-Mobile (well, with Mint Mobile) and transitioned from a Pixel to the S20. I seem to remember having to manually enter my apn settings as the defaults didn't work. I'd give that a try and it's pretty simple.

dosei, kate, ocnbrze and 1 other person like this.
  4. dosei

dosei Member

Where would I find the apn settings? I'm only missing texts from a few contacts, so I'm not sure if it's a problem with settings.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Settings | Conections | Mobile Networks | Access Point Names

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. dosei

dosei Member

What setting do I use as APN? Tia.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs