• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not receiving all my MMS messaging

airhocky7

Lurker
Jan 16, 2010
I sit right next to my friends and they send me a pictures multiple times but i can never get it to come to my mytouch 3g. Any ideas why or how i can solve this problem. I have been thinking about switching to verizon and getting the droid because of this problem. It kinda seems like a tmobile problem because my friends who have droids dont seem to have this issue.

I havent seen that problem yet... hopefully I dont. I havent really seen any problems on mine though.... Verizon does have great coverage and you do get coverage in a lot of places that others wont, but that great service does come at a price. I had verizon and switched over to tmobile because the prices for vzw were just ridic. I had them for over 10 yrs and finally I said enough was enough and ended it.

Upvote 0
I sit right next to my friends and they send me a pictures multiple times but i can never get it to come to my mytouch 3g. Any ideas why or how i can solve this problem. I have been thinking about switching to verizon and getting the droid because of this problem. It kinda seems like a tmobile problem because my friends who have droids dont seem to have this issue.
Take out the dash's in your contact phone listings. Let the numbers run together.
This will fix the problem for sending picture and MMS stuff such as sound files.
EXAMPLE: 216-XXX-XXXX should be edited to 216XXXXXXX no dash's between
the numbers to a mobile phone. The area code I picked is means nothing. It just
part of the example. Do this for mobile phone numbers. Of course any house numbers
is silly. With out the mulitmedia, Smart phones are indeed stupid phones. I can also
say that somebody did not program something right. Humm.. anyway, the above and
except for dead zones and sunspots you should have no problems send Grandmother
your pics.. .. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Take out the dash's in your contact phone listings. Let the numbers run together.
This will fix the problem for sending picture and MMS stuff such as sound files.
EXAMPLE: 216-XXX-XXXX should be edited to 216XXXXXXX no dash's between
the numbers to a mobile phone. The area code I picked is means nothing. It just
part of the example. Do this for mobile phone numbers. Of course any house numbers
is silly. With out the mulitmedia, Smart phones are indeed stupid phones. I can also
say that somebody did not program something right. Humm.. anyway, the above and
except for dead zones and sunspots you should have no problems send Grandmother
your pics.. .. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Im having kinda the same problem. Ill get the actual message and when i press download it says unable to download at this time please try again later... i never can get it to download...but randomly it will pop up..sometimes days later. same thing if i try to send a picture..it will say the same message.. and will be "sending" for days and then all of a sudden it will send. what is going on?!?! this is getting soo annoying!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones