1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Not receiving all text messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ilovefarts, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ilovefarts

ilovefarts Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    www.cruizing.com
    arizona
    Ok, I hadn't received a reply from one of my messages I sent a close friend of mine and she's usually really good about replying right away no matter the situation. It had me worried so I emailed her instead expressing my concern. She said she just replied, but I didn't get it. Anyways, I googled the issue hoping to find some knowledge on the issue, maybe I wasn't alone. What I found was some people with verizon and att have been having some problems with their messages not going through, mms to be exact. But I have an LG optimus v running cyanogenmod 7.1 on my phone. I have received messages from my friend in the past when I flashed the cm7 and I get messages from people regularly, but noticed I hadn't from my friend. I saw some information about the apn(whatever that is) and that cyanogenmod completely disables whatever. Ok, like if you're using a secondary app the turn off 3g and wifi to save battery, cyanogenmod changes things. Again, I didn't really understand what it was saying. I can't say my problem is with my phone or cyanogenmod because I get messages from most people, but I'm wondering if I get them all, mainly my wife. hahah. Could it be a problem with my friend's carrier? Does anyone else have the same problem? And who has the answers?

Thank you so much for all you have helped me with. By no means am I complaining, I'm just curious and trying to learn what makes my phone work. If it wasn't for the insight I get from this forum and many others, I wouldn't love my phone the way I do. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    You ought to ask the dev of your Rom.

3. ilovefarts

None

Dec 31, 2011
    www.cruizing.com
    arizona
    So I may have fixed the issue.

I went into custom recovery and went into advanced and clicked "fix permissions" and then did a reboot. I got a bunch of messages right away.

I noticed that this problem started around the time I installed limited and partitioned my ad card. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it, but I also uninstalled the app. Everything seems to be working. Weird

4. Thorsten

Thorsten Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    Please learn how to post to the correct forum. This thread belongs in the All Things Root sub-forum.

Why does this matter? Many of the casual users gathered here in the non-rooted forum are likely to be confused by issues relevant only to rooted phones. We wouldn

5. ilovefarts

None

Dec 31, 2011
    www.cruizing.com
    arizona
    My bad, I at first want sure if it was a root problem. Everything I read was pointing else where. That's why I just went here. My bad. I'm still not sure if it was a root problem because I haven't changed anything after I flashed the ROM and after weeks of having the ROM the problem came out of nowhere e.g. could the issue be with the server?

6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    I'm glad you got your problem sorted out ilovefarts (you really made me type that? ;) ). Troubleshooting is more of an art than a science. You may have found a little bug in the app you were using and that it didn't play well with partitioned sd cards. You might want to do the developer a favor and let them know your experience. All feedback helps. :D

Don't worry about the posting confusion. We all have to make decisions and some can be more confusing than others. Heck, with the week I've had, you're lucky I didn't move it to the basket weaving forum. ;)

Seriously, if you ever have any question about where you need to post, or run across a post that looks out of place, just use the little red report button and a moderator will review it and make the changes necessary. Were here to help. :D

7. rjg23

rjg23 Lurker
    None

Nov 26, 2011
    ILF, I've come across the same issue with my rooted OV. My solution was to reboot. Once complete I had a weeks worth of texts load up. Doesn't seem to have happened again as I get texts regularly now.

Please keep us updated if you look into it further.

8. ilovefarts

None

Dec 31, 2011
    www.cruizing.com
    arizona
    I don't know what happened, but the most logical fix was to fix permissions in custom recovery. It worked and I haven't had a problem or issue since. I have a speculation that link2sd has something to do with it, but that's just a theory

Tags: