1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Not receiving calls, even when in service?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GreyMouser, Jan 9, 2012.

1. GreyMouser

GreyMouser Member
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    Has anyone had issues with their phone not ringing, and going to voicemail, even though the phone is reporting "in service?"

I missed an important call today, and had my wife try replicating the issue; she said it rang 4 times, then went to VM. My end didn't ring, even though it reports as in service, 4 bars, no roaming. Rebooted and it fixed the issue, but I can't be missing calls like this...

Advertisement

2. stupalmer36

stupalmer36 Newbie
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    I'm on my second Gnex...I think it is much better than my first one. Screen has no banding...signal seems to be much better. However my wife tried calling me 3 times this morning and it went to voice mail right away. The call standby indicates 0% for no phone signal. I don't know what is up. I powered it down and had her call several times and all was good.

I want to love this phone...but I need to be able to get phone calls. Several days left for it to make me a believer and hopefully a update from almighty Google to fix these bugs.

To top it off...my son who has an iphone...had to come wake me up!

3. clicq

clicq Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    I've experienced this a couple of times, though when it happened, I couldn't make outgoing calls either, I lost data connectivity, and the phone got stuck in airplane mode if I tried to toggle it.

It only happened while I was traveling, so I suspect the phone isn't playing well with some towers...

4. arcube

arcube Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2012
  5. jamisont

jamisont Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2011
    were u in 3G connection and using data at that time?
    unless im mistaken, both voice and 3G is in CDMA so u cant use them both.
    when Iphone 4 came out on verizon last year, u couldnt use both either.. and calls always went directly to voice mail when I was using data.

6. andymm

andymm Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2012
    Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I have exact same problem, the phone (Samsung galaxy nexus) on FIDO (Canada GSM) network does not ring however the calls go to voice-mail.

This problem occurs randomly so it is very hard to debug on whether the issue is with device or with network.

However I have noticed that keeping the phone at same place everyday, when it is showing 5 bars (-87db, 12asu), sometimes the phone would not ring but a voice mail would show up on the phone:thinking:.

Customer service has no clue as to what would be the problem and as per them no one else has complained about this issue.

The android version on the phone is 4.0.1 (there are no updates yet from FIDO).

Searching on the web seems to indicate that there are only few folks who have had this particular problem but if someone has found a solution then please post.

Thanks in advance.

Tags: