• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

not receiving calls - i think its a GV thing

i'm getting texts and vm notifications and calls sent to my orig (carrier) phone number get through

but my phone doesn't ring when someone dials my GV number

calls going to my GV number go straight to vm - i just talked to someone who tried to call - and earlier today someone remarked that their call went straight to vm

so i'm putting two and two together

i remember when i was installing GV it was asking me about configuring vm and i said let vm go to GV

maybe that was a mistake

now as i search around the settings and whatnot i'm not seeing any way to reverse that setting

anyone got any ideas what i should do??

i'm really stuck guys

i get calls on my original sprint number - i get texts that are sent to my GV number - and i get vm from GV just fine

but absolutely no calls whatsoever from GV

i've uninstalled GV and reinstalled

anybody got any ideas?
:(

Not sure if this will be of any help to you at all, but I don't use the GV app, and it works as expected. Callers to my GV # get forwarded to my Sprint # as I set up. I call my GV # from a speed dial on my Hero, and then make my outgoing calls to landlines from there. (GV is one of my 3 favorites on Sprint, so...unlimited) I don't use the GV for voicemail or texts, however. Not rooted, stock 1.5

Upvote 0
i'm getting texts and vm notifications and calls sent to my orig (carrier) phone number get through

but my phone doesn't ring when someone dials my GV number

calls going to my GV number go straight to vm - i just talked to someone who tried to call - and earlier today someone remarked that their call went straight to vm

so i'm putting two and two together

i remember when i was installing GV it was asking me about configuring vm and i said let vm go to GV

maybe that was a mistake

now as i search around the settings and whatnot i'm not seeing any way to reverse that setting

anyone got any ideas what i should do??

Been there with Google Voice a few months ago. I think it has something to do with Sprint's call forwarding setup or something. It may have been the Google Voice app itself because everything I would power up my Hero, the app would force close on phone boot and then restart. The only way I could start getting calls again was to:

1. Uninstall Google Voice.
2. Go to the Google Voice page on a my PC and disable the number.
3. Hard reset the phone.

I've haven't gone back but I have been considering it. I'm assuming that you chose the option to use your own number instead of a Google number. That's what I did. I haven't seen anyone having any problems when they used a Google number. Just a guess though. Backup-hard reset gave me my phone back. I cared more about that than badly transcribed voice mails and you can send individual voice mails to email anyway with visual voice mail. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones