1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Not Receiving MMS (Picture Messages)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DawnGP143, Nov 29, 2010.

1. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Police Dispatcher
    TN
    2 day old SF, non-rooted. Some people have been asking me if I got the pictures they sent. Nope....not even notification that they had sent something. It's like they vanish into thin air.

I came from an HTC Droid Incredible, with absolutely no trouble. Can't figure it out. Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    dawn can others receive pics you send them? Lets try and narrow do possible problems and solutions

3. DawnGP143

Dec 24, 2009
    Police Dispatcher
    TN
    Yes, I tested it again a minute ago. My husband is receiving messages from me. Then I had him immediately send me one, and nothing.

OK...and on further testing, sometimes I get them, but most times, not.

4. andonakis

andonakis Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Well Dawn, you are not the only one. I too have problems receiving and sending pictures. And coming from blackberry I never imagined these few annoyances we have to deal with on android/fascinate, would be such pain in the butt. I really hope the update we all are waiting for will take care of most of these idiotic problems. If not I will seriously have to change to a different phone and never look back to a samsung product.
    Sorry for the vent, but I had to let it out.

5. DawnGP143

Dec 24, 2009
    Police Dispatcher
    TN
    I don't know at this point if I have a defective handset or if something is wrong in the software.