• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not Receiving MMS Picture Messages

I noticed today that I was not receiving MMS picture messages after a friend wondered why I wasn't replying to him!

I tested and I can send regular text messages and pictures and I can receive regular text, but no pictures! If a message had text and picture, I only received the text. I was using Handcent and I also uninstalled and tested on the factory messaging to no avail.

I called VM and they had me reboot the phone and now I have to wait 4 hours to try it.

Anyone else have this issue? Will the hard reboot fix it?

Reactions: irsuzyq
Yeah...everything with the phone seems fine other than I cannot receive picture messages (MMS)

The reactivation reboot did not work...after a manual restart, all my apps and everything were ok but still can't receive MMS.

Calling VM again!

PS...I know it isn't affecting every Optimus V...my kid has one and it works fine!

Upvote 0
Just bought an Optimus V today. Daughter sent a MMS pix and couldn't view it either. I could send her one and she received it immediately. Hope they fix the issue soon. Does anyone use a different app to view MMS? Just wondering.
Handcent and GoSMS seem like good apps! I have been using Handcent because of the extra customization that it allows. I might also try GoSMS just to make sure I am not missing anything...LOL!

Upvote 0
I was able to receive one today but it wasnt easy. Normally when someone sent me a MMS picture , I got nothing at all to suggest they even sent me one in the first place. Today, I received a "download" button , but when I clicked on it, I got the dreaded "message has expired" error. I tried again a little while later and the picture downloaded.

Upvote 0
Where do you go to file a ticket online? I looked twice and still never found it!

Log into your account on the VM Website with your phone number and PIN, then hover over your name at the top right where it says you're signed in, and you'll see a set of dropdowns that include "Get Support".

They did reply back within a few hours with an automated reply.

Reactions: RocketFoot
Upvote 0
Log into your account on the VM Website with your phone number and PIN, then hover over your name at the top right where it says you're signed in, and you'll see a set of dropdowns that include "Get Support".

They did reply back within a few hours with an automated reply.
Cool! Thanks!

Upvote 0
How long is it taking people to get their MMS working once they actually get through to the Level 2 tech people? I had mine reset this afternoon, and as of four hours later it's still not working.

The tech I talked to, when asked, made me think they've got provisioning errors going on with VM's server for MMS functioning on some accounts, and the only way to fix it is to call and have them reset your account individually.

They did that for mine today, and assured me everything would be peachy almost immediately...but so far...not.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I assumed I would be good to go after the 4 hour period but mine wasn't either...second call revealed that the investigation tickets last for 72 hours. I started my ticket on Friday 2/11 8pm and it was solved Tuesday 2/16 by 6pm (maybe earlier, but that is when I noticed that it was fixed)...little longer than 72 hrs. I never did receive a follow up call or text from them, it just started working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones