1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Not receiving November update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sequre, Dec 6, 2010.

1. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    So in preperation for the November OTA update, I've unrooted my wife's incredible back to stock form (s-on etc.). When she is prompted for the OTA to install, it says it will reboot in 10 seconds, counts down and does nothing. This has been happening for a few weeks now.

With everything back to stock, i'm not sure why the phone is not taking the OTA as it should. What options do I have here? I could always root and apply the RUU update, but then again, she doesnt really need to be rooted in the first place. I also don't want to apply any custom ROMs. Any input?

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    If you truly unrooted and returned to stock (not just went s-on), try romoving the SD card, reboot and see if the upgrade takes. Had this work for one user that was experiencing the same issue.

3. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    I will have to try that this evening once I get my hands on it. I will reply with the results.

4. venom21

venom21 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    hey why are you even doing this step? were you rooted before teh Nov OTA came out and didnt accept the update?

5. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    I unrooted it anticipating the November OTA so I wanted to make sure that was squared away before she clicked update and install. Didn't want her to end up with a brick.

6. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Still nothing. Hangs on "rebooting now"

7. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010