1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Not receiving tex messages all of sudden from one number

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tamm955, Jan 8, 2014.

1. tamm955

tamm955 Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2014
    Please help....I have looked all over the Internet for help anf called at&t as well numerous times. Since about 2 weeks ago all of a sudden my mom and I dont receive each others texes. I have galaxy4s and she has iphone 3g. We were able to before for months. I have tried all recommended resolves but nothing anyone else have that??????

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums.

This thread was moved from Android Lounge to the forum dedicated to discussing the phone.

... Thom

3. jjfitzpa

jjfitzpa Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2013
    My wife recently upgraded from an iPhone 4s to a Galaxy S4, and was having difficulty getting texts from her iPhone friends - I realize that this was a different problem, but maybe it has the same solution.

Did your mom recently upgrade her OS on her iPhone? That upgrade automatically turns on a feature called iMessage. It is not supposed to affect texting to non-iPhone phones, but maybe something screwed up.

I would suggest turning this feature off on the iPhone, and waiting a while to see if the problem get solved (some suggest that it can take 30 days! when my wife switched it off it took about 20 minutes to register)

On the iPhone:
    Settings-->Messages, turn off iMessage

Good luck, and I hope that solves the problem.