1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Not receiving text messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by idreyn, Jan 24, 2013.

1. idreyn

idreyn Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2012
    Perhaps this is beyond the purview of those in this forum, but I figured I'd check. I have not been receiving any text messages whatsoever over the past 48 hours...sending them, calls, and data work just fine. This happened first on g60's CM10 but I've flashed the Midnight and PA zips I had lying around and neither is helpful. I called Virgin and they directed me to a ## activation menu that of course doesn't work on my non-stock ROM.

I guess I'm wondering whether this strikes anyone as a radio issue (never flashed a radio update) or a carrier issue. I'm worried I screwed up my phone permanently but I can also see Virgin finding a mistake on their end. I'm going to RUU back to JMZ stock as soon as I get a chance unless anyone can suggest something I should try first. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Male
    Disabled
    CT, USA
    A lot of roms come with custom dialers but if it's a Sense based rom the dialer codes usually work if you go into the app drawer and choosing the stock phone dialer there. Also are you able to send yourself texts?

idreyn likes this.
  3. idreyn

idreyn Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2012
    I installed Harmonia with the intention of trying the dialer codes with that, but it actually seemed to fix the problem! I got 31 text messages quite suddenly. I wonder if it was a radio update that came with Harmonia, and I'm hoping I can migrate back to an AOSP rom soon.

Thanks for your insight!

4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Male
    Disabled
    CT, USA
    I'm just glad that you got it sorted. :thumbup:

Tags: