• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not receiving texts anymore

If you aren't getting either, it's possible that Sprint has lost track of your phone. I had the exact same thing happen and I resolved it only after calling Sprint; they did some kind of reset of the phone and it's worked fine ever since.

Try leaving yourself a voicemail, to see if you get it. If not, call Sprint, and escalate to a higher-level tech and I'm sure they will take care of it.

Upvote 0
i would call sprint. i just got mine the other day and they had an issue where the phone seemed like it would do everything, but it wouldnt txt or make/get calls or anything. called up sprint, they fixed it, and everything was good to go.

Hi thanks but that will be my last resort because I am rooted with custom Rom .

My phone works great . No issues...but sms texting ..

Upvote 0
I was experiencing this a couple weeks back on my unrooted Hero.
After a little bit of troubleshooting I just power cycled the phone and seem to be fine.
I wonder how often the Hero should or needs to be rebooted?? Other than this incident i'd never thought it might need a regular reboot but now am considering I should do so to avoid this again.
How often do others reboot their Hero?

Upvote 0
I turn my (unrooted, so far) Hero off every night, then plug it in to charge. Every morning I boot it up to a nice 100% charge and no lag or FC or missed text issues (that I am aware of). :D

Yeah, that's a no-go for me, i'm on call 24/7, BESIDES, my Hero is my Alarm Clock and it puts me to sleep most nights with Audiobooks, movies or music! I get alot of use out of it!! :D
I did reboot it today to a strange event. Wasn't picking up the network, tons of startup stuff force-closing, still no network after 5+ minutes. Reboot multiple times, 3rd time I reseated battery it came up normal FINALLY. I was pretty worried... :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones