1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Not Receiving Texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frodub, Aug 7, 2011.

1. frodub

frodub Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    So yesterday at about 11pm, I realized that I hadn't received a single text all day. I thought I was just ridiculously unpopular, until I was told by multiple people that they had texted me. I even tried texting myself and it would show as sent, but then I would never receive it. I went through my verizon bill and saw that I had at least 20 texts missed.

After I restarted my phone I was able to receive texts per usual, but none of the texts that were sent to me ever came through.

Has this happened to anyone else? And, is there some way to recover the messages that were sent to me that I will seemingly never receive to my phone?

Advertisement

2. ruffneck104

ruffneck104 Newbie
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    This has happened to me to. Tech support wasn't much help. A reboot solves it, but that doesn't stop you from missing texts that you will not know you are even missing.

3. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Android Enthusiast
    None

May 17, 2010
    Joplin, MO
    Friend had the same problem. She could send but couldn't receive. After it started working, it would randomly STOP working again... A factory reset was the only way we could fix it.

4. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    I have noticed this when I have my phone plugged in my work area thats 100 F and it tends to overheat. Like the rest a reboot fixes it.

5. frodub

frodub Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    yea, the verizon tech support was fairly useless and did me no good when i asked about it. she said i just need to "keep an eye on it"

ugh.