• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not recieving some calls??

jt34237

Aug 1, 2010
A few people have tried calling my phone and have received the message "Weclome to Verizon Wireless, this number has been changed, disconnected, or is no longer in service." This is strange for a couple reasons. Number 1 I do not have Verizon I have Virgin Mobile... Number 2 The people that recieved this message do not have Verizon service either. This doesnt happen all the time. Coukd this be caused by Root? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Shouldn't be phone related. Definitely something with the network. Give Vm a call and see what is going on. Sounds like your number is in limbo between Sprint and Verizon.

I had this issue one time before when I was on Sprint but someone else had been assigned the same number I had and they were on Verizon. We were getting each other's calls and texts.

I could have put in to have the issue fixed but could have taken a while so I just changed my number.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones