• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help not recieving text notifications when messaging app open

Vimick

Nov 1, 2010
any one else have this issue. if i leave the text conversation open i do not receive any notification at all if the person texts me back.

i know this is not a defect with my phone because i have already replaced my evo once because of other issues and i experienced that problem on the previous one also.

is this just a setting im missing or is this a known issues (searching forum didnt reveal much)

any one else have this issue. if i leave the text conversation open i do not receive any notification at all if the person texts me back.

i know this is not a defect with my phone because i have already replaced my evo once because of other issues and i experienced that problem on the previous one also.

is this just a setting im missing or is this a known issues (searching forum didnt reveal much)

This happens on mine too, but no big deal cause why would I need a notification when the conversation is open?

Upvote 0
yeah i can certainly understand not receiving a notifcation if the screen is on and youre watching for the text to come in, but this happens even after my screen times out so i cant see or hear that a text comes in until the next time i turn my screen on... which makes my girlfriend think im ignoring her ._.

Upvote 0
yeah i can certainly understand not receiving a notifcation if the screen is on and youre watching for the text to come in, but this happens even after my screen times out so i cant see or hear that a text comes in until the next time i turn my screen on... which makes my girlfriend think im ignoring her ._.

If your gf thinks that, then she seems very high maitenance if after a couple minutes of you not replying shes already on your case, you have a life she does too.

Regards,

Dr Phil

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones