1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Not Recoginizing Contacts from Caller ID

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pseudorandom, Jan 3, 2012.

1. pseudorandom

pseudorandom Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    I recently got my Samsung Galaxy S II. First time owning a smart phone. Before that, I had 2 dirt cheap Nokias and Sony Ericsson Cybershot phone. I managed to transfer all my contacts via bluetooth from my Sony Ericsson to my Galaxy S II.

But there's a problem. This "smart" phone is unable to match the caller ID numbers with the numbers in my contacts. All my previous "dumb" phones didn't have this problem. All my contacts, except international contacts, are saved as 7-digit numbers. The caller ID shows up as "+1" "country code" "7-digit local number". Through experimentation, found that only after I added the country code in front my numbers, then the caller ID matches properly to the contacts.

You mean to tell me that this stupid smart phone doesn't have the ability to do intelligent phone number matching based on the last 7 digits like my other cheap phones did? I saw one other thread from 2010 with a similar issue. You mean this same issue was not fixed yet in updated Android versions? Is there any way to get smarter caller ID recognition, or do I have to go through all my many hundreds of contacts and enter the country code in front of each local number?

(Sorry for the bit rough language, but right now I really frustrated with this)

Advertisement

2. pseudorandom

pseudorandom Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    So there's no solution? I have to go into each of my contacts and type in the country code in front of each of them.

Couple hundred contacts completed. Few hundred more to go......