• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not recognizing SD card

My phone is not recognizing my sd card. It is mounted in the phone but none of my pictures show up in my gallery. It says no sd card detected when I open the gallery. Also I can take pics but they do not save to the sd card our anywhere that I can find. I tried unmounting the cars but it stol does not recognize it. However, it does show my music like the card is mounted. It just seems to be a problem with the gallery. Anyone else have this problem or have a suggestion how to fix it?

I'm wondering if your sd card has become corrupted, which can happen unexpectedly, even with newer cards.

You can test that by putting it in a card reader which has a USB connector and attaching it to your computer, which should see the card as a drive with contents that you can browse.

Incidentally, I see that in the "Device(s)" section to the left there you're reporting having an Eris, but you've posted this question in the Fascinate forums.. I'd like to make sure we've got this thread in the right area; are you having the issue with an Eris or a Fascinate? ;)

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I know this is an old post but got to it as I had the same problem. I have now managed to fix it and hopefully it will help you and others with it.

Test if it's a hidden file problem:
Install Quickpic, which is a great photo app, works fast too, and also shows you if there are any "hidden" pictures. If this is the case then you need to install Root Explorer (your phone needs to be rooted).

Fixing the problem
1. Install Root explorer
2. Browse to your picture folder (on the San Francisco it is the DCIM folder).
3. Long press on it and change permission. For some reason the change in permission is what prevents other programs from finding it.
4. Allow user to read, write and execute the files.
5. Check if your pictures are being detected now

Job done!

Hope that helps :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones