1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Not registered on network error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Juls339, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Juls339

Juls339 Lurker

Hi.,..I am more than fed up with this phone..I have samsung galaxy skyrocket ll
    When I first purchased this phone 4 months ago an error occured that required a new phone be sent. It is a new phone from the factory. The second phone throws me the following error message MOBILE NETWORK NOT AVAILABLE quite frequently. It happens at any location, in the middle of calls causing it to disconnect, when sitting idle...the solution is to pull the battery and sim and then reinsert and reboot. Often I have to do that 3 or 4 times in a row before I get back on the network. Last night it happened and this time nothing helped...rebooting, reinserting SIM...I checked the SIM on a retired LG Neon and it is working just fine. Next I checked for firmware updates and found one I hadn't done, so I downloaded and installed. The phone is now showing im on a network but now the error message reads NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK. I looked for solutions online and found that most required going into the mobile networks setting to add an apn etc...but when I try to go to mobile networks it says INSERT SIM TO ACCESS MOBILE NETWORK SERVICES. Can anyone help..I really am grateful for your time reading this...
    This is my first android and it's been a horrible erxperience. Juls:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. igga

igga Newbie

Have you spoken to att about this?
    Its weird to me that you've had this problem on two different, brand new skyrockets. Either you have really bad luck or there is a problem with something that didnt change such as the network, sim, or maybe some weird app you've installed. Have you installed any apps that could be doing this? I'm assuming you're not rooted

3. Juls339

Juls339 Lurker

The first phone had an entirely different issue. An update was issued and when I tried to download it it rendered my phone inoperable. Samsung said they had rescinded the download when they saw the issue but it was too late for me. So they sent me a new phone. This second phone is the one with the issues. In looking this up on google I see that both are known issues with the Galaxy Skyrocket but the last update, the one I just did, supposedly fixed it. Is there anyone this is sounding familiar too? The current message says NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK. I ruled the SIM Card out...this message popped up when I rebooted after doing an update. Juls

4. igga

igga Newbie

If the problem appeared after the update then you can return the phone to stock by following this procedure, though I don't know how it affects your warranty.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...rn-stock-fix-soft-brick-11-13-rogers-tar.html

Or, what I'd do, take it to ATT and make them deal with the problem. Problems like this are things they should be made aware of and should know how to fix. I usually also convince them to give me some discount/freebie/service to apologize for my troubles and keep me as a customer. Especially in this situation as you've been through enough to scare away the average customer.

5. Juls339

Juls339 Lurker

Thankyou...I'm going to call samsung support in a few minutes just to see if I can luck out and not have to wipe it clean. I really hate to do that...and it's probable that eventually the messages will start up again. If you google the error messages i'm getting there are pages and pages of skyrocket owners with these same problems. If support can't help I'll try AT&T tomorrow. The kids who run our local store though aren't all that knowledgeable...Juls

6. Juls339

Juls339 Lurker

still having the same problem...not registered on network. It's so frustrating....going into the store resolved nothing. The skyrocket is a phone full of glitchges and I regret letting the store talk me into it. I originally was going to get another iphone. A really enthusiastic kid in the store sold me on androids and then this phone, saying it was the best blah blah...I wish i knew the answer.

7. Hi all I hade the same problem but i fixed it by:
    if you have a sim lock pin put sim in other phone and deactivate lock then put back in your phone, worked fine for me, I have a samsumg galaxy s2 :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews