1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Not registered on network? Please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ankitd1994, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ankitd1994

ankitd1994 New Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Hey guys, just got my GN2 a week ago and already have this problem. Can't make and calls or texts even though my network is showing 2-3 bars at all times. The message I get is ' not registered on network' . I have an AT&T GoPhone card, not on a plan. APN settings are set to 'Cingular 410'. No idea what that is. Any ideas on what I can do to rectify this? Please help ASAP because I cant call or text anyone for now. Thanks

EDIT: Did a factory reset as well but the problem persists. Really desperate now because I dont have a backup phone or anything

Advertisement

2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

May 4, 2010
    Female
    PhiLLy
    Using GoPhone SIM on 4G phones

Try that...let us know if it works; if not we'll do the best we can.

3. ankitd1994

ankitd1994 New Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Awhile back it just started working again out of the blue, so I waited for the problem to show up again before posting here. This time, when I try to register onto the network AT&T (sometimes AT&T MicroCell comes up) it gives me the message, 'Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network'. I know that this is a highly popular problem with Android phones but most solutions are vague. Anything for this? Thanks

4. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

May 4, 2010
    Female
    PhiLLy
    I was doing some searching and came across this thread which suggests the link below. It's specific to the original Note but **might** help you. If not, I'll have to reach out for help.
    If this doesn't work.....let us know.

[GUIDE] Getting your unlocked Note fully functional on AT&T (including MMS)

5. womb raider

womb raider Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Glos.
    Funnily enough I had this message for the first time on Saturday. I was in the supermarket and wanted to check something with my wife, so pulled my phone out to ring her and got the 'not registered on network' message...even though I had 4 bars of signal.

Now I know this particular supermarket is pretty bad for signal so I thought maybe it was just lack of reception causing the problem. My phone's worked fine since tho.

6. warren2008

warren2008 New Member

Dec 21, 2012
    hi, i had same problem.
    my note 2 (n7100), i'm bought from china and can't registered network at my home country (Indonesia). can anyone help me solve this problem.
    Thanks before.