1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Not Registered on Network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BlazeHN, Jan 11, 2013.

1. BlazeHN

BlazeHN Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Hello friends.

I got a S3 bought on the Tigo carrier, but I needed it to use it on Claro carrier. The day they give the phone to me I tested my Claro Sim and since all was good I decided to buy it. And actually it worked all fine for like 2 months, then suddently I got a "Cannot Register on Network" message, while on this state I cant make/recive phone calls or SMS but oddly I still have full 3G internet with no problem. Removing battery / SIM used to solve the problem sometimes but not anymore. I tried change SIM for a new one and still the same problem. Tried hard reset aswell and didnt helped. Its weird because I used it on Claro perfectly for 2 months then this happened. If I put a Tigo SIM it works all good. =/

What do you suggest me to do? I need to use my Claro number.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    N/W Indiana
    Have you tried to call your Claro carrier?

3. BlazeHN

BlazeHN Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Yes, went to their agency and all, they dindt gave me any real solution (mostly because its a Tigo phone I suppose)

4. madserboo

madserboo New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Very same as me, mine is been sent back to samsung next week

5. hitman72

hitman72 New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Hi, if u r still having this problem with your S3 i may have a cure for it, i had the same annoying problem. My network is o2 uk. i spoke to them & they said they had no network issues in my area, so i took the back cover off my S3 & then i removed my sim card, i gave it a good clean & then i applied a bit of pressure to the small silver tray where u insert the sim card to give it a tighter fit & after i inserted my sim card back in the phone & re-started it i've had no problem since. Hope this works for u. Good luck

6. UserName872

UserName872 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Network Administrator
    Philadelphia, PA
    Did you buy it from a retailer or an individual? You are sure it is unlocked for other carriers and additionally, is it possible that the device was reported stolen?